15 March 2016

Embroidered Flower Lady - Start to Finish!

Hopefully you haven't grown sick of seeing this flower girl on my blog, but I thought it was would be fun to do a "start to finish" post.

I originally stitched the lady outline back in 2013. My husband drew it and I stitched it with a purple variegated floss.

Not knowing what to do with it, I put it in a box with some other embroidery pieces where it would sit for a few years.



Then last year (2015) - we were in the process of moving and I was packing my embroidery stuff, I started looking through my projects and found it again. It looked so bare and unfinished. I decided I would fill it in with flowers.





Slowly adding in flowers. 

The following two photos it was removed from the hoop so the fabric looks a bit puckered and wrinkly. 

I should also mention that this is stitched on a tea towel, but I am not going to use it as a tea towel, I just really like stitching on that fabric.




Back in the hoop for more stitching!!



Added leaves and greenery.




Then I filled in her hair with straight stitches - almost a satin stitch but intentionally left spacing between each stitch.



I think she is finished for now. I only wanted to fill her legs and "booty" with flowers.





4 comments: