01 November 2015

Satin Stitch Flower

satin stitch embroidery flower

Next for my flower sampler is a satin stitch flower.

I roughly drew some flowers and leaves with a disappearing ink pen.



satin stitch embroidery flower

I filled in each petal with satin stitch and the center of the flowers are french knots.

satin stitch embroidery flower

I like this tutorial for learning the satin stitch.

satin stitch embroidery flower

To see all my previous posts for the sampler - check out my flowers page.

satin stitch embroidery flower


3 comments:

  1. Hi I just found your site (and Feeling Stitchy too!) I love your work and as an embroidery lover will be following both sites closely. Do pop by my blog sometime and say hello. I don't post as often as I would like but you will find some embroidery there!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine! I will definitely check out your blog! :)

      Delete
  2. You have described everything in deeply way this is really informative article for improving skill of beginners.

    ReplyDelete