06 February 2016

Another French Knot Sheep

embroidered sheep

I have a thing for french knot sheep. I love stitching them. I find french knots very soothing. This isn't the first time I have stitched this sheep pattern either.  

Starting with the branches in stem stitch and leaves with detached daisy chain.


embroidered sheep

Added the chain stitch border in blue - following my favorite method from Sublime Stitching.

embroidered sheep

The tree trunk is satin stitch and the ground outline stem stitch.

embroidered sheep

Finished the sheep with white french knots for the body, satin stitch for the head, and bullion knots for the legs.

The first time I stitched this pattern, I didn't add any grass and stitched the tree trunk differently.

This time I added some french knots and cross stitches around the border for decoration.

embroidered sheep

embroidered sheep

french knot sheep


Check out my previous sheep posts:

**Update on how to finish the back of embroidery hoops:

I now prefer to finish the back of my hoops using this excellent tutorial with felt.

How do you prefer to finish the back of your hoops?




9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know!! Sometime I want to try stitching a sheep with the fluffy Turkey work stitch, but I need to learn it first! :)

      Delete
  2. My comment is the same as Sally Hurley's! What a perfect little stitch for a fluffy sheep! Very cute finish.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and, your stitching is lovely. I often don't finish the backs of my hoops, i'm too lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous picture. I love the way you have framed it, by surrounding it with French knots and crosses.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your interpretation of this pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily!! I am so glad you like it! :) I LOVE this pattern so much!

      Delete