19 November 2013

Take a Stitch Tuesday #12 - Barred Chain Stitch

Wow. I don't even know where to begin. This week's Take a Stitch Tuesday is the barred chain stitch and it was quite a challenge for me. 

I just could not figure out how to do this one! I almost skipped it. Nobody would notice. Right?

It took many tries to to get what I ended up with - and honestly - I don't know if what I stitched is even a correct barred chain! Ha! :)

I think it's pretty close to a barred chain stitch...

I had to stitch very slowly. Take my time and concentrate.

barred chain stitch

Up close. Why not. 

barred chain stitch

barred chain stitch

My sampler is coming along nicely.



For more on the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge, check it out here!

2 comments:

  1. Ver este muestrario de costura me hace recordar que cuando era pequeña en la escuela esto mismo es lo que aprendiamos¡¡¡¡ Que tiempo aquellos¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitches are so neat and tidy. They are lovely to look at.
    I am sorry to hear that you found the Barred Chain Stitch difficult to work. Did you look at Sharon's stitch instructions: http://inaminuteago.com/stitchdict/stitch/Chain-barred.html ? What you have is the Twisted Chain stitch. Now if you add an ordinary Chain stitch between each of them, you get the Barred Chain Stitch. I am afraid it is one of those stitch combinations where you need to work slowly. God luck and enjoy stitching!

    ReplyDelete