10 March 2014

The Bestiary Swap

I finally stitched something that wasn't for the TAST challenge. I decided to join the latest swap that normally happens in the Phat Quarter Flickr embroidery group but has now moved to the Weave site.

(Have you heard about the new social network site for stitchers - Weave - created by the awesome Mr. Xstitch? Well, if you haven't go check it out!)

This swap was all about "The Bestiary". 

I was assigned to stitch something for the lovely Noodle. She gave me some ideas and I decided to attempt to stitch her a little Capybara. I based my design off the Capybara on this Uruguay coin.


capybara embroidery

Capybara embroidery

I finished the back using this technique here.

Capybara embroidery


I was also sooo excited to receive my swap piece by the fabulous Keeley of stitchandcolor.

Check out this awesome kappa she stitched for me! I love it and its amazing stitching!

(Photo courtesy of stitchandcolor flickr photostream)


No comments:

Post a Comment